几何尺寸与公差论坛------致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T (GDT:ASME)|New GPS(ISO)研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量  

返回   几何尺寸与公差论坛------致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T (GDT:ASME)|New GPS(ISO)研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量 » Norm Space: Product Automatic Standards - 范数空间:产品自动化标准 » National Standards » American standards
用户名
密码
注册 帮助 会员 日历 银行 搜索 今日新帖 标记论坛为已读

回复

主题工具 搜索本主题 显示模式
旧 2009-04-29, 08:50 PM   #1
yang686526
高级会员

注册日期: 06-11
帖子: 14579
精华: 1
现金: 224494 标准币
资产: 234494 标准币
yang686526 向着好的方向发展
默认 【转帖】metric title block tolerances

metric title block tolerances
our company has historically dimensioned exclusively in english; our standard title blocks contain the typical tolerances unless otherwise stated:
.xx+-.01
.xxx+-.005
.xxxx+-.0005
lately we've had to produce more metric drawings or metric variants of existing drawings. without using dual dimensioning, this raises questions regarding the title block standard tolerances. if you were to do a direct conversion, your title block would contain fairly silly tolerances:
.xx+-0.25
.xxx+-0.127
.xxxx+-0.0127
in addition, in metric tolerancing trailing zeros are omitted. thus, 0.240mm is written 0.24mm and then the decimal-place-specific standard dimensioning rubric becomes irrelevant.
what's the proper way to specify title block tolerances in metric? a single symmetric tolerance with every different tolerance specifically called out?
there is nothing with what you show. add a note that they are metric.
chris
solidworks/pdmworks 08 1.1
autocad 06
don't you normally drop one place when converting?
+/- .3mm
+/- .18mm
+/- .013mm
"art without engineering is dreaming; engineering without art is calculating."
yes, you would drop a decimal place. the overall question of the use of such a decimal-place-dependent tolerance scheme in a system that truncates decimal place zeros remains, however.
yes.
inches
.xx +/- .01
.xxx +/- .005
.xxxx +/- .0005
...would be
metric (mm)
.xx +/- .3
.xxx +/- .13
.xxxx +/- .013
chris
solidworks/pdmworks 08 1.1
autocad 06
tdculbert,
i set up our metric title block as follows...
x = +/-0.5
x.x = +/-0.2
x.xx = +/-0.1
as you correctly noted, the asme y14.5m-1994 standard requires that you drop the trailing zeros from your metric dimensions. this messes up any scheme of controlling tolerances from the title block.
oh well.
now, i set each tolerance on each metric dimension. this is not a bad thing, and it does not take that long. the only people will be inconvenienced are the lazy slobs who apply default tolerances to everything.
jhg
our standard inch block where i work (us) is
1 pl = +-.03
1 pl = +-.01
1 pl = +-.005
when using mm we change this to
1 pl = +-0.75
2 pl = +-0.25
3 pl = +-0.1
obviously these aren't directly equivalent so that has to be taken into account with tolerances etc.
however, you do have a point with the trailing zeros issue.
quote:
asme y14.5m-1994 1.6.1 (c) where the dimension exceeds a whole number by a decimal fraction of one millimeter, the last digit to the right of the decimal point is not followed by a zero. see fig. 1-2
so you can’t simply have a 10mm rod with a block tolerance of +-0.1 by putting 10.000 which limits the usefulness of the block tol.
in the uk where i worked we had a single block tolerance that didn't vary by decimal places. typically this was +-.25 although we changed it to suit the drawing. any dimension that varied from this had it's tolerance specifically called out (we usually showed limits not +-).
alternatively, there are horrible standards like iso 2768 which you can invoke.
for instance the last paragraph of the standard says:

quote:
a.4 the tolerance the function allows is often greater than the general tolerance. the function of the part is, therefore, not always impaired when the general tolerance is (occasionally) exceeded at any feature of the workpiece. exceeding the general tolerance should lead to a rejection of the workpiece only if the function is impaired.
that said, it may be that the implementation of iso 2768 i’ve seen makes it seem worse than it is.
asme y14.5m-1994 doesn’t appear to directly say what to do about block tols for metric or inch but does reference ans y14.1 at para 2.1.1 (e). i believe this is now asme and for metric you’d want asme y14.1m metric drawing sheet size and format, i don’t have this standard.
sorry i couldn’t be more help.
kenat, probably the least qualified checker you'll ever meet...
tdculbert, just my opinions:
of course, dimensioning in metric isn't really supposed to be done using decimal places, hince the rule to not include insignificant zeros after the decimal place.
the iso and asme standards utilize a common tol table for metric dims. all you need to do is call out the class of tol you want on the drawing and reference the standard. the idea behind the common tol table is that tolerances are based more on feature/part size and type, rather than a somewhat arbitary place decimal system.
barring this, you can just copy the method of using places. it's safe, familar and good enough for most circumstances.
if you are converting drawing to metric, then a direct (fully accurate) translation from inch to metric in your place tol scheme is best (even if the numbers are a bit crazy). otherwise, you might be introducing unintentional errors or contradictions to the design intent simply to show the part dim'ed with a different unit of measure.
if you are drawing the part new, then it doesn't really matter which system you use, or what tols, as long as you use the choosen system properly within the design intent of the part.
matt lorono
cad engineer/ecn analyst
silicon valley, ca
fcsuper, what iso & asme standards for common tol table are you referring to? are you just talking about shaft/hole fits or something like iso 2768?
these threads show some of the trouble i had witn a vendor using 2768 & joebk had issues too.
the following came from the canada dimensioning and tolerancing standard which is based on the iso dimensioning system:"for drawings indicating dimensions with no specified tolerances, it is recommended that a general tolerance note applicable to such dimensions be added to specify the universal tolerance or tolerances most applicable to the drawing. such a note may specify a single tolerance. a typical note "tolerances for dimensions not otherwise limited sre as follows: angles ±2°, and linea dimensions ±0.25".
i was also searching a number of iso drawings, and none of them did not have a title block tolerance other than one tolerance.
all,
my only comment regarding metric default tolerances is that going to 3 decimal places in metric is almost useless since .001 mm is .00004" !!!
jmo
yang686526离线中   回复时引用此帖
GDT自动化论坛(仅游客可见)
回复

主题工具 搜索本主题
搜索本主题:

高级搜索
显示模式

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以回复主题
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑您的帖子

vB 代码开启
[IMG]代码开启
HTML代码关闭

相似的主题
主题 主题发起者 论坛 回复 最后发表
【转帖】how do you create a frame and title block for reuse yang686526 American standards 0 2009-04-29 08:23 PM
【转帖】decimal dimensioningfractional equivalents yang686526 American standards 0 2009-04-29 07:28 PM
【转帖】capability studies on positional tolerances 9rfs0 yang686526 American standards 0 2009-04-29 06:48 PM
【转帖】block tolerances applied to comercial hardware yang686526 American standards 0 2009-04-29 06:41 PM
【转帖】editing blocks per drawing shee yang686526 SolidWorks二次开发 0 2009-04-13 10:39 AM

所有的时间均为北京时间。 现在的时间是 06:01 PM.

于2004年创办,几何尺寸与公差论坛"致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T | GPS研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量"。免责声明:论坛严禁发布色情反动言论及有关违反国家法律法规内容!情节严重者提供其IP,并配合相关部门进行严厉查处,若內容有涉及侵权,请立即联系我们QQ:44671734。注:此论坛须管理员验证方可发帖。
沪ICP备06057009号-2
更多