几何尺寸与公差论坛------致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T (GDT:ASME)|New GPS(ISO)研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量  

返回   几何尺寸与公差论坛------致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T (GDT:ASME)|New GPS(ISO)研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量 » 三维空间:产品设计或CAX软件使用 » CAD设计 » 产品功能分析
用户名
密码
注册 帮助 会员 日历 银行 搜索 今日新帖 标记论坛为已读

回复

主题工具 搜索本主题 显示模式
旧 2009-09-10, 02:43 PM   #1
huangyhg
超级版主

huangyhg的头像

注册日期: 04-03
帖子: 18592
精华: 36
现金: 249466 标准币
资产: 1080358888 标准币
huangyhg 向着好的方向发展
默认 modulus of elasticity for guy wire

modulus of elasticity for guy wire
astm a475 lists the properties of several types of galvanized stranded cables used for guy wire. i was looking for a reference for the modulus of elasticity (moe) of these cables. it should be less than solid steel rod since as you load the cable it unwinds the individual strands a little and it probably depends on how much load is applied.
to further complicate matters the astm a475 lists the diameter of the strands with galvanizing and calculates the cable area including the galvanizing thickness (i think). since zinc has a different modulus than steel, will the effective cable modulus be dependent on the steel area or the total stranded area?
check page 30 of the uss tiger brand wire rope engineering handbook published by united states steel. this page provides approximate moduli of elasticity for a number of wire ropes. anywhere from 12e6 to 25e6.
my edition is october 1968.
i re
i found a pdf copy of in on slideruleera's web site.
i've got a manual called "technical data" from wireco. it list moduli from 8e6 to 15e6 psi. it also says you have to use something they call "metallic area" instead of the nominal area when computing rope stretch.
i glanced around their web site a little to see if you can order or download it but i didn't see it. i got this some time ago from them by snail mail. there web site is
thanks for the link, i'll take a look there.
we are currently using 28,900,000 psi but i think that is too high. it might be correct if the cable was a solid steel rod. someone said 23,500,000 psi was correct but they can't cite a source for the data and i wanted to have some verification before i switch to something else.
(1) the effective cross sectional area of actual material in a twisted wire rope will usually be between 0.48 and 0.76 times the gross area, where the gross area is calculated on the basis of the nominal diameter. the lower values tend to apply to hollow-cored cables, while the upper values tend to apply to strand-cored cables.
(2) the effective young's modulus will usually be between 0.41 and 0.72 times the material's actual value. this factor allows for the fact that the individual strands of material are twisted into a spiral pattern rather than running directly from end to end. the actual value depends upon the winding pattern that is used.
the product of these two "effective" values is an estimate of the axial stiffness, ie the "ae" value that you would use in the pl/(ae) formula.
someone pointed out that the minimum elongation is specified as 5% in a475 for hs grade wire. if i re
my factor (2) above could explain things if you were calculating eeffective at 50% of eactual. the best i can suggest to expain the rest of the discrepancy is that the 5% elongation and the 18,000 pound rbs do not correspond directly.
the only thing i can think of is that the equation for young's modulus is stress/strain and it applies to a solid rod and is probably not applicable to a stranded cable. the cable will deform partially due to pl/ae and more to the twisting of the strands.
if i know that e=(p/a)/(dl/l) and for a elongation of .05 we get e = (p/a)/0.05 and if we say that e is reported as 25,000,000 psi, then the stress in the cable is (0.05)x(25,000 ksi) or 1250 ksi which is very strong cable.
so there must be some empirical formula to give the elongation for the cable unwinding in addition to pl/ae elongation.
as a side note, does anyone know how to type a capital greek delta in this forum? i used dl to represent delta l but was trying to put in a small triangle.
借用达朗贝尔的名言:前进吧,你会得到信心!
[url="http://www.dimcax.com"]几何尺寸与公差标准[/url]
huangyhg离线中   回复时引用此帖
GDT自动化论坛(仅游客可见)
回复

主题工具 搜索本主题
搜索本主题:

高级搜索
显示模式

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以回复主题
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑您的帖子

vB 代码开启
[IMG]代码开启
HTML代码关闭

相似的主题
主题 主题发起者 论坛 回复 最后发表
elongation of wire rope huangyhg 产品功能分析 0 2009-09-08 10:07 PM
confused with aisc code about section modulus huangyhg 产品功能分析 0 2009-09-08 01:07 PM
calculation of guy wire length for tall guyed mas huangyhg 产品功能分析 0 2009-09-07 10:07 PM
built up section - sction modulus huangyhg 产品功能分析 0 2009-09-07 05:46 PM
restranded wire spec huangyhg 精密机械 0 2009-09-05 11:32 PM

所有的时间均为北京时间。 现在的时间是 02:13 PM.

于2004年创办,几何尺寸与公差论坛"致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T | GPS研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量"。免责声明:论坛严禁发布色情反动言论及有关违反国家法律法规内容!情节严重者提供其IP,并配合相关部门进行严厉查处,若內容有涉及侵权,请立即联系我们QQ:44671734。注:此论坛须管理员验证方可发帖。
沪ICP备06057009号-2
更多