几何尺寸与公差论坛------致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T (GDT:ASME)|New GPS(ISO)研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量  

返回   几何尺寸与公差论坛------致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T (GDT:ASME)|New GPS(ISO)研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量 » 三维空间:产品设计或CAX软件使用 » CAD设计 » 产品功能分析
用户名
密码
注册 帮助 会员 日历 银行 搜索 今日新帖 标记论坛为已读

回复

主题工具 搜索本主题 显示模式
旧 2009-09-10, 04:27 PM   #1
huangyhg
超级版主

huangyhg的头像

注册日期: 04-03
帖子: 18592
精华: 36
现金: 249466 标准币
资产: 1080358888 标准币
huangyhg 向着好的方向发展
默认 no code adopted

no code adopted
i am doing work in rural iowa. most jurisdictions have nto adopted any building code. i have spoken on the phone with people in city government in every thown that i have worked in. after finding out that there is no code adopted, i fall back on the state building code which is an older version of the ubc. has anyone else run into this? what have you done?
in the absence of a local code, use the state building code. even if there is a local code, you should use the more stringent of the two, as the state's jurisdiction may have precedence. the state will likely update the building code to ibc soon enough, but you never know.
i have no experience with iowa but the icc adoption site lists ibc2003 as the state code effective 4-1-06.
i worked most of my career in a state with no building codes at all, but with both high wind and seismic concerns (south carolina adopted ibc 2000 when it became available and now uses ibc 2003).
absence of codes was not a problem, use a mixture of common sense, engineering judgment and references to whatever existing code you consider most appropriate - a real opportunity to employ true engineering skills. you do have to make sure that there is good construction management to ensure that work is performed the way you specified.
i agree with sra....we must follow a standard of care, and that would be to use a prevailing code that would be defensible, such as the current version of the state code, the ibc or even one that might be from a nearby larger city.
i would use the latest adopted state code, which appears to be ibc 2003.
sperlingpe - i also had a project (a forensic collapse investigation - actually two of them) on a farm involving a hog confinement building that collapsed. went through pretty much what you describe and then fell back to the state building code. i was pretty desperate to find a governing code as my report and statements depended on having a rational basis for explaining why some wood trusses collapsed under snow loading.
oh...this was also in iowa!
i've noticed the icc site is less than useful in its listing. for example, it shows texas as following ibc, but that only applies to commercial buildings in city limits- but the icc site would lead you to believe it's a blanket requirement.
doing some checking on iowa- yes, there is a state building code- but whether it is applicable to any particular rural structure is a different matter:
"661鈥?01.1(103a) scope and applicability. the provisions of this chapter apply generally to buildings and facilities owned by the state of iowa and to buildings and facilities in local jurisdictions which have adopted the state building code by local ordinance in accordance with the provisions of iowa code section 103a.12."
ie, if the local jurisdiction hasn't adopted a building code and it's not owned by the state, there still isn't a building code applicable to the structure, as best i can tell.
my preference, if the law doesn't specifically require a building code for the case, would be to use the latest codes available rather than, say, the 2003 version.
more info at:
you have to be careful with the international code council's chart on locations that have adopted their code. the icon states that one or more international codes are currently enforced statewide. there are about 14 different icc codes, so that doesn't necessarily mean the ibc is adopted statewide. irc (residental code) is also a popular one and they also have a fire code, mechanical code etc. , so it could be any of these codes that have been adopted by the state.
the "access board" has a state code contact list see
GDT自动化论坛(仅游客可见)
回复

主题工具 搜索本主题
搜索本主题:

高级搜索
显示模式

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以回复主题
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑您的帖子

vB 代码开启
[IMG]代码开启
HTML代码关闭

相似的主题
主题 主题发起者 论坛 回复 最后发表
new york 2007 code snow loads - reduced huangyhg 产品功能分析 0 2009-09-10 04:23 PM
icc code article cause for concern huangyhg 产品功能分析 0 2009-09-09 07:00 PM
ada, osha and code violations huangyhg 产品功能分析 0 2009-09-07 10:09 AM
【转帖】nls error yang686526 DirectDWG 0 2009-05-06 06:34 PM
【转帖】newbie question9s0 code compiles, but cannot link yang686526 DirectDWG 0 2009-05-06 06:32 PM

所有的时间均为北京时间。 现在的时间是 05:04 PM.

于2004年创办,几何尺寸与公差论坛"致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T | GPS研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量"。免责声明:论坛严禁发布色情反动言论及有关违反国家法律法规内容!情节严重者提供其IP,并配合相关部门进行严厉查处,若內容有涉及侵权,请立即联系我们QQ:44671734。注:此论坛须管理员验证方可发帖。
沪ICP备06057009号-2
更多