几何尺寸与公差论坛------致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T (GDT:ASME)|New GPS(ISO)研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量  

返回   几何尺寸与公差论坛------致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T (GDT:ASME)|New GPS(ISO)研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量 » 三维空间:产品设计或CAX软件使用 » CAD设计 » 产品功能分析
用户名
密码
注册 帮助 会员 日历 银行 搜索 今日新帖 标记论坛为已读

回复

主题工具 搜索本主题 显示模式
旧 2009-09-15, 10:51 PM   #1
huangyhg
超级版主

huangyhg的头像

注册日期: 04-03
帖子: 18592
精华: 36
现金: 249466 标准币
资产: 1080358888 标准币
huangyhg 向着好的方向发展
默认 simply supported i beam stability bracing

simply supported i beam stability bracing
part 2, p 2-13 in the aisc manual talks about stability bracing for ends of simply supported beams sitting on bearing plates.
i am going to be adding stiffeners to the beam to act as lateral bracing, but the code doesn't seem to give any guidance on the thickness/width of the stiffener.
am i missing something? the load is relatively light so even if i designed the stiffeners to take all of the load they're still going to be pretty small.
if i understand your question correctly, the stiffeners you speak of will help to strengthen the top and bottom flanges against buckling, but will do nothing for the lateral stability of the end connection.
this is usually done by transverse beams or walls at the supports or intermediate along the beams length, to include any floor and roof diaphragm connections to the top flange of the beam that may be present.
mike mccann
mmc engineering
why is it necessary to stiffen the ends of a simply supported beam if you do not have any end bearing strength concerns? i am not sure what stability has to do with this. i would appreciate it if someone can clarify this matter.
it's called web crippling, in addition to bearing. bearing has to do with the strength of the flanges and web crippling with the web diaphragm stresses. two different animals, but related.
mike mccann
mmc engineering
no, did you look at that page in the manual?
what is the lb for beam? the distance between two brace points.
what is the lb for a beam that has no brace points (ie a beam that sits of bearing plates)?
you need to laterally stiffen the section by providing lateral stiffness at the ends. one such way is a stiffener plate.
even if the section has sufficient strength for the concentrated load failure modes, like web crippling, stiffeners have to be provided.
my question is i can size the stiffeners for strength, but what are the stiffness requirements?
a rule of thumb that our office uses, is that the stiffener plates are at least the thickness of the web. the thing to remember is that the cost of the plate itself is very minimal, so don't be afraid to use a thick plate.
GDT自动化论坛(仅游客可见)
回复

主题工具 搜索本主题
搜索本主题:

高级搜索
显示模式

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以回复主题
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑您的帖子

vB 代码开启
[IMG]代码开启
HTML代码关闭

相似的主题
主题 主题发起者 论坛 回复 最后发表
simply supported beam question huangyhg 产品功能分析 0 2009-09-15 10:50 PM
question regarding floor support beam installation huangyhg 产品功能分析 0 2009-09-15 03:58 PM
continuous beam or simply supported huangyhg 产品功能分析 0 2009-09-08 01:35 PM
beam bracing questions huangyhg 产品功能分析 0 2009-09-07 02:45 PM
12 x 6.5x 38 thick x 41 residential basement i-beam con huangyhg 产品功能分析 0 2009-09-06 10:30 PM

所有的时间均为北京时间。 现在的时间是 10:55 AM.

于2004年创办,几何尺寸与公差论坛"致力于产品几何量公差标准GD&T | GPS研究/CAD设计/CAM加工/CMM测量"。免责声明:论坛严禁发布色情反动言论及有关违反国家法律法规内容!情节严重者提供其IP,并配合相关部门进行严厉查处,若內容有涉及侵权,请立即联系我们QQ:44671734。注:此论坛须管理员验证方可发帖。
沪ICP备06057009号-2
更多